The purpose of the Website(s) is to present the Exhibitors’ Products and Articles to Potential Buyers, to provide them with information and allow them to be put in contact with one or more Exhibitors.
The Websites cover different sectors and themes and are written in different languages. The Services described below are valid for a particular Website, as indicated in the order or the one on which the Exhibitor’s Articles and Products are listed.
VirtualExpo provides Exhibitors with the Services as described below and/or on the Website (or the material provided to the Exhibitor by VirtualExpo, such as the “Mediakit”). Some Services are subject to prior registration on the Website and/or subscription in accordance with the conditions detailed in Article 4.
The Exhibitor shall be responsible for the equipment necessary for access to and use of the Services, as well as the telecommunications costs incurred by their use.
3.1 Services offered to all Exhibitors
VirtualExpo may list the Exhibitor’s Articles and Products on one or more Websites, depending on the data provided by the Exhibitor to VirtualExpo or publicly available on the Internet.
The choice of the Website(s) on which the Exhibitor’s Articles and Products are listed is made by VirtualExpo and depends on the Exhibitor’s business field, which must correspond with the editorial scope of the Website in question, the nomenclature or possible classification of the Product and the language the Articles are translated into.
VirtualExpo may, at its discretion, translate the Exhibitor’s Articles into other languages to display such Articles and related Products on the Website in different languages.
VirtualExpo will communicate to the Subscribing Exhibitor the requests addressed to the Exhibitor by Potential Purchasers or the contact details of the Potential Purchasers who have visited the Exhibitor’s stand. The communication of these details is subject to the Exhibitor’s undertaking to comply with the applicable regulations, in particular as regards personal data.
3.2 Services offered to Subscribing Exhibitors or advertisers (“Paid Services”)
STAND OFFER (Subscription): The subscription allows the Exhibitor to have a company profile page on the Website mentioned in the Order.
This profile page may include, as a general model, all or some of the following elements: the Exhibitor’s logo, content about the Exhibitor, Products and Articles (depending in particular on the elements provided by the Exhibitor), descriptions and buttons enabling contact between the Exhibitor and Potential Buyers for information requests (quotes, prices, etc.).
Subject to prior subscription to the STAND OFFER, the Exhibitor may subscribe to other Services allowing:
- The highlighting of content on the Website (for example, as a general model, highlighting Products, news and trends or projects on the dedicated sections of the Website home page, the search results page or in newsletters sent by VirtualExpo to Potential Buyers);
- The distribution of the Exhibitor’s marketing messages on advertising space on the Website or in newsletters sent by VirtualExpo to Potential Buyers with the layout determined by VirtualExpo;
- Sending newsletters to Potential Buyers likely to be interested by the Exhibitor or the Products, according to the editorial calender determined by VirtualExpo;
- The highlighting of the Exhibitor’s logo above the footer on the homepage of the Website(s);
- The editing and distribution of a video based on content provided by the Exhibitor on the pages of the social networks managed by VirtualExpo and making said video available to the Exhibitor for distribution on his or her own media.
Occasional Paid Services: VirtualExpo also offers the following services to Exhibitors, whether they have subscribed to a STAND OFFER or not (advertisers):
- The acquisition of advertising space in e-magazines (or associated newsletters) sent by VirtualExpo to Potential Buyers, according to the editorial calendar determined by VirtualExpo;
- Sending a marketing email exclusive to the Exhibitor to targeted Potential Buyers by VirtualExpo.
3.3 Specific conditions applicable to certain Services
The Exhibitor accepts and acknowledges that the Services may only be provided by VirtualExpo if the Exhibitor complies with a certain number of prerequisites and recommendations communicated by VirtualExpo, in particular concerning the supply of content by the Exhibitor to VirtualExpo (format, deadlines, quality, etc.) and the specific conditions provided below.
3.3.1. Dedicated email marketing campaign:
The following must be provided: The Exhibitor agrees to provide everything required in order for the service to be carried out effectively on schedule, in particular, in an essential manner:
- the goal of the email marketing campaign: a few words describing the main goal of the campaign (for example, highlighting a special product offer or discount, announcing a trade show or event attendance to encourage the visitor to attend or come by the Exhibitor’s stand, etc.)
- the email address of the person from the Exhibitor’s team who will be VirtualExpo’s production team’s primary contact.
For campaign graphics:
- The Exhibitor’s logo (.eps, .ai or .svg) and high-definition images (.gif or .jpeg), 500 kB maximum and at least 600 pixels wide.
- the font to be used in the image:the typography desired by the Exhibitor. For a specific font, the Exhibitor must provide the files allowing VirtualExpo to complete the Service. For optimal readability, the Exhibitor should favor system typography in the HTML code.
- the descriptive text to be used in the body of the email (maximum 50 words).
- complete information on the Product(s) highlighted in the campaign (press kit, press releases, product description, newspaper/magazine articles, etc.)
- Subjet/title of the email: 60 characters maximum.
- Pre-header text: 50 characters maximum.
- Baseline/signature: 15-20 words maximum.
Any text or document supplied for the creation of the campaign must be in English or French. Any order that must be handled in a language other than French or English will require an additional week, as well as additional charges (translation of the texts and documents into the working language of the production team).
Date and deadlines: The exact start date of the email campaign must be indicated. If when providing the required elements the Exhibitor does not supply the exact start date of the “targeted email” campaign, VirtualExpo cannot begin work (graphics, editing, HTML, etc.). In this case, VirtualExpo will by default propose a date according to the calendar and the available targeted categories when the order is received.
The Exhibitor must supply all the necessary material 21 working days before the email campaign date. Each day’s delay will result in an equivalent delay in the actual sending date subject to the schedule and targeted categories available at the time of sending. Similarly, the delays taken by the Exhibitor in responding to requests for validation of the mock-up or requests for revision of the mock-up will delay the date on which the mailing is sent.
It is possible to change the scheduled email date. However, the new date will be determined according to VirtualExpo’s overall mailing campaign schedule, the production team’s work load and the availability of targeted categories.
VirtualExpo tries to keep marketing pressure on the VirtualExpo database at a reasonable level to ensure the Exhibitor an effective campaign. VirtualExpo undertakes not to solicit the same Potential Buyer more than once a month with respect to a given category.
3.3.2. Advertising Campaigns:
Elements to be provided: the Exhibitor may supply his/her own graphics (for example, advertising for the Website(s), newsletter or e-magazine) or his/her own video. However, all graphics or videos created by the Exhibitor must be approved by the VirtualExpo graphics team. The team might request a modification to ensure compliance with the VirtualExpo graphics guide.
The VirtualExpo production team can also perform this Service subject to an Order.
The Exhibitor thus undertakes to supply the necessary material 6 working days before the online display or publication date for website banners and 10 working days for e-magazine advertising, newsletter banners and videos, namely:
The necessary brief, text and graphics elements are:
- the email address of the person from the Exhibitor’s team who will be VirtualExpo’s production team’s primary contact
- the Exhibitor’s logo (.eps, .ai or .svg) and one or more high-definition images (.gif or .jpeg), 500 kB maximum.
- the font to be used in the image: the typography desired by the Exhibitor. For a specific font, the Exhibitor must provide the files allowing VirtualExpo to complete the Service.
- baseline/signature: 15-20 words maximum.
Conditions specific to e-magazine advertising or a newsletter banner:
- The Potential Buyer’s redirection URL: by default, if the Exhibitor doesn’t provide a URL, it will be the Exhibitor’s website homepage
- issue choice: issue dates are set in advance for the entire current calendar year.
Specific conditions for website banners:
- campaign start and end dates.
Specific conditions for cross-media videos:
- 10-15 HD photos
- a detailed storyboard including the text to appear on each image and the desired image order
- the social media on which the Exhibitor prefers to communicate
Please note: the default language for e-magazine, newsletter and social media advertising campaigns is English.
If the original campaign date is changed, the new date will be determined according to the overall availability of the required advertising space.
3.3.3. Dedicated email marketing campaign and advertising campaigns
Sending details: All brief, text and graphics elements must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mock-up validation: VirtualExpo will send the mock-up to the Exhibitor for approval. The price of the Service includes one revision of the mock-up (text, graphics). After the first revision (a single exchange between the Exhibitor and the VirtualExpo production team), additional requests for text and/or image modification will be billed at 80 euros per revision (or at the current rate, if different). For website banners, the Exhibitor will have 72 hours to indicate desired modifications before the mock-up is automatically published online.
Statistical report: VirtualExpo will send a statistical report on the email marketing campaign in PDF format maximum 10 days after the campaign date including statistics on the launch, opening rate, reactivity and the areas of the message that were clicked.
The list of email addresses of those who clicked is supplied separately in CSV format. This includes message links other than technical links (online version and unsubscribe links). Information entered in other fields is supplied when available: contact name, company name, language and country.
The statistical report meets market standards: mailing arrival rate, opening rate, reactivity rate, as well as the list of all persons who clicked.
For advertising campaigns, statistics regarding each type of advertising campaign will be available in the Exhibitor’s interface. In the case of e-magazine advertising, the list of Potential Buyers showing an interest in the campaign will be transmitted separately by email. For a cross-media video campaign, a custom report will be sent to the Exhibitor 10 days after the end of the campaign.
This statistical data is provided for information purposes only and is subject to the proper functioning and/or the absence of opposition to the use of the tracking techniques used.
Cancellation: Any cancellation request received less than 10 working days before the date scheduled for sending the marketing email or posting the online advertising will result in a penalty of 50% of the total amount due for the Service.